There are many ways you can bask in the overtones generated from our harmonizing!
There are a handful of ways we typically perform for the general public.
Summer and Christmas shows
Our two main shows each years are our Summer Show and our Christmas Show. Mark your calendars now for our 2024 Summer Show -- June 22, 2024 at 2pm. Our 2023 Christmas went off without a hitch! Check back for video of the show once it's available. Until then, you can check out our 2022 holiday show, We're Back for the Holidays: read the write-up or watch the video.
SeaChordsmen sometimes show up to sing in unexpected places. During the summer, quartets often perform at the Queen Anne Farmers Market on Thursday afternoons. Keep your eye out for us, and watch our website for upcoming events!
Out Traveling Road-Show is a newer offering, and it's been a smash hit! We've performed it at Mirabella in Seattle, Aljoya Thornton Place, Ida Culver in Broadview, and Aljoya Mercer Island, along with University House in Issaquah and Brookdale West Seattle. Our Road Show lasts about one hour, and features a variety of standards, current songs, barbershop favorites, and even a sea shanty, to tell a story through music! Our fee is sliding, but the default is $300 for our hour-long show.
And of course, we love offering Singing Valentines each year. Buy one next year!
Please reach out if you'd like to hire us to perform for you - [email protected]!
Evergreen District Convention
Okay, this one isn't really all about us. We are part of a large District that includes 49 barbershop chapters within the Evergreen District boundaries which includes Alaska, British Columbia, Alberta, Washington, Oregon, and parts of Idaho and western Montana. We co-hosted the 2023 convention at the Federal Way Performing Arts Center over the weekend of October 20-22. Choruses competed on Saturday morning, and top quartets competed on Saturday evening. Watch this video of our performance! This is an annual event, and an amazing way to catch some incredible barbershop singing! Watch for details about 2023 when dates and plans start getting nailed down in the summer.
- Seattle Sings was back in person in 2022 after a couple of years of virtual events. We sang at the Seattle First Baptist Church on October 29. Here's our performance.
- After a few different COVID iterations, Figgy Pudding was back in person in 2022! We came in second place for the Best Choral Group category, and we were featured in the Seattle Times. Check out a video of Angels We Have Heard on High, along with a short write up.
- We were invited to join the Syttende Mai parade in Ballard for Norwegian Independence Day! We had so much fun joining in the frestivities.
- Folklife is an annual tradition for the SeaChordsmen -- we taught tags with the audience and performed a couple of songs, too.
- We had fun participating in National Neighborhood Night Out again this year. We're so happy to participate in this event annually!
We would be remiss not to note that during the pandemic we went virtual. And many of those performances are still accessible on YouTube! Here are some of our favorites:
- Figgy Pudding is always our favorite Christmas sing out, usually on a corner downtown. In 2020 they went virtual, and we were honored to be included. Here a song we recorded for it, composed by two SeaChordsmen, including Billy Gard who is in this video: Hi Diddley Dum
- We are especially proud of the virtual Christmas show we put together in 2020. We think it holds up well! 2020 Virtual Christmas Show
Check out our YouTube channel for lots more videos!