There are many ways you can bask in the overtones generated from our harmonizing!
There are a number of ways we typically perform for the general public.
Summer and Christmas shows
Pre-Covid, the SeaChordsmen put on a summer show and a Christmas show for the general public. The pandemic has disrupted those plans unfortunately, and there will be no 2022 summer show, sadly. Our Christmas show, We're Back for the Holidays, will be Sunday, December 11 at 2 pm. Mark your calendars now!
SeaChordsmen sometimes show up to sing in unexpected places:
- We roamed Queen Anne and dropped in on numerous neighborhood gatherings during the National Neighborhood Night Out on August 2. We had a great time bringing smiles to many faces around the hill! See our story here: National Night Out | Seattle SeaChordsmen
- We performed for Queen Anne Days, September 17, at Big Howe Park, and then we headlined at the Queen Anne Farmers Market on October 6.
- Seattle Sings was back in person this year after a couple of years of virtual events. We sang at the Seattle First Baptist Church on October 29. See a photo here.
- Figgy Pudding is back, and we'll be there to perform! Join us at the Pike Place Market on December 2, 6-9pm.
Out Traveling Road-Show is a newer offering, and it's been a smash hit! We've performed it at Mirabella in Seattle and at Aljoya Thornton Place and Aljoya Mercer Island. Our Road Show lasts about one hour, and features a variety of standards, current songs, barbershop favorites, and even a sea shanty, to tell a story through music! Our fee is sliding, but the default is $250 for our show.
Please reach out if you'd like to hire us to perform for you!
Evergreen District Convention
Okay, this one isn't really all about us. We are part of a large District that includes 49 barbershop chapters within the Evergreen District boundaries which includes Alaska, British Columbia, Alberta, Washington, Oregon, and parts of Idaho and western Montana. We co-hosted the convention this year at the Federal Way Performing Arts Center over the weekend of October 21-22. Top groups and quartets competed on Saturday evening, and choruses competed on Saturday. Videos of our performances will be available soon. This is an annual event, and an amazing way to catch some incredible performances! Watch for details about 2023 when dates and plans start getting nailed down in the spring.
We would be remiss not to note that during the pandemic we went virtual. And many of those performances are still accessible on YouTube! Here are some of our favorites:
- Figgy Pudding is always our favorite Christmas sing out, usually on a corner downtown. In 2020 they went virtual, and we were honored to be included. Here a song we recorded for it, composed by two SeaChordsmen, including Billy Gard who is in this video: Hi Diddley Dum
- We are especially proud of the virtual Christmas show we put together in 2020. We think it holds up well! 2020 Virtual Christmas Show
Check out our YouTube channel for more videos!