There are many ways you can bask in the overtones generated from our harmonizing!
There are a number of ways we typically perform for the general public.
Summer and Christmas shows
Pre-Covid, the SeaChordsmen put on a summer show and a Christmas show for the general public. The pandemic has shaken up the way we do things, and we've taken a break from our summer shows in favor of our Traveling Road-Show. Our 2022 Christmas show, We're Back for the Holidays, took place on Sunday, December 11 at 2 pm, and it was fantastic! Check our write-up here, or watch the video. Our 2023 Christmas show is scheduled for Saturday, December 9 -- mark your calendars now!
SeaChordsmen sometimes show up to sing in unexpected places:
- We roamed Queen Anne and dropped in on numerous neighborhood gatherings during the National Neighborhood Night Out on August 2. We had a great time bringing smiles to many faces around the hill! See our story here: National Night Out | Seattle SeaChordsmen
- Seattle Sings was back in person in 2022 after a couple of years of virtual events. We sang at the Seattle First Baptist Church on October 29. Here's our performance.
- After a few different COVID iterations, Figgy Pudding was back in person in 2022! We came in second place for the Best Choral Group category, and we were featured in the Seattle Times. Check out a video of Angels We Have Heard on High, along with a short write up.
Out Traveling Road-Show is a newer offering, and it's been a smash hit! We've performed it at Mirabella in Seattle and at Aljoya Thornton Place and Aljoya Mercer Island, along with University House in Issaquah and Brookdale West Seattle. Our Road Show lasts about one hour, and features a variety of standards, current songs, barbershop favorites, and even a sea shanty, to tell a story through music! Our fee is sliding, but the default is $300 for our hour-long show.
And of course, we love offering Singing Valentines each year. Buy one this year!
Please reach out if you'd like to hire us to perform for you - [email protected]!
Evergreen District Convention
Okay, this one isn't really all about us. We are part of a large District that includes 49 barbershop chapters within the Evergreen District boundaries which includes Alaska, British Columbia, Alberta, Washington, Oregon, and parts of Idaho and western Montana. We co-hosted the 2022 convention at the Federal Way Performing Arts Center over the weekend of October 21-22. Top groups and quartets competed on Saturday evening, and choruses competed on Saturday. Watch this video of our performance! This is an annual event, and an amazing way to catch some incredible barbershop singing! Watch for details about 2023 when dates and plans start getting nailed down in the spring.
We would be remiss not to note that during the pandemic we went virtual. And many of those performances are still accessible on YouTube! Here are some of our favorites:
- Figgy Pudding is always our favorite Christmas sing out, usually on a corner downtown. In 2020 they went virtual, and we were honored to be included. Here a song we recorded for it, composed by two SeaChordsmen, including Billy Gard who is in this video: Hi Diddley Dum
- We are especially proud of the virtual Christmas show we put together in 2020. We think it holds up well! 2020 Virtual Christmas Show
Check out our YouTube channel for lots more videos!